Menzelet Irrigation 2nd and 3rd Parts Project
Description of Menzelet Irrigation ProjectThe Project area is Turkey’s south and located in the Middle Ceyhan Basin. The Project was implemented in 2 stages. In the first stage, planning studies were carried out for irrigation, water transfer between basins and transmission channel/pipelines for flood prevention to serve for 55,252 ha. agricultural area. In the second stage, 46,831 km of transmission main pipeline/channel and 55,252 ha. irrigation area, piped irrigation network, hydraulic structures, 13 pumping stations and power transmission lines were designed. The entire irrigation network has been designed as a pressure pipe network with diameters ranging from 110 mm to 3,200 mm, with a total length of approximately 1,555 km.
- Water Resource: Kılavuzlu Dam
- Main Transmission Channel: 46.8 km
- Main Transmission Channel Discharge: 80 m³/sec
- Total Irrigation Area: 55,252 ha
- Gravity Irrigation Area: 8,154 ha
- Pumped Irrigation Area: 47,098
- Irrigation Network: Medium and high pressure pipe irrigation system.
- Main Discharge Channel Length: 10.126 km
- Total Length of Catch Channels: 32.821 km
- Total Length of Discharge Channels: 11.888 km