Çermik Kale Irrigation Project
Description of Cermik Kale Irrigation ProjectThe Project is in Çermik of Diyarbakir Province in Turkey’s South-Eastern Anatolian Region. With the Project, the irrigation and drainage networks, which will irrigate 13,942 ha. of agricultural land, and the final design drawings of the structures on it have been prepared. The entire irrigation network has been designed as a pressure pipe network with diameters ranging from 110 mm to 3,100 mm, with a total length of about 409 km. In addition, 1 pumping station as well as a TBM tunnel was designed within the scope of the Project.
- Water Source: Kale Dam
- Total Irrigation Area: 13,942 ha
- Gravity Irrigation Area: 7,111 ha
- Pumped Irrigation Area: 6,831 ha
- Irrigation Network: Medium and high pressure pipe irrigation system.
- Gravity Main Pipeline Length: 29.617 km (9.375 km tunnel)
- Cazibe Main Pipeline Flow: 14.152 m³/sec
- Pumped Main Pipeline Length: 28.512 km
- Pumped Main Pipeline Discharge: 7.17 m³/sec